Saturday, February 14, 2015

My New Studio

I am so excited!

We have a room downstairs off of our garage that used to be a guest room, but it was never used. When we had a garage sale last spring we sold most of the furniture that was in there and it was slowly turning into a storage room. My current work area is a drafting table and one very small shelving unit that is tucked into a corner of hubby's office. See where I'm going with this?

Last weekend, I decided the room was going to waste and should be used for something besides storage.  I cleaned it out, vacuumed, dusted and washed the window and am slowly turning it into my new studio.

I was going to buy a desk and a big shelving/storage unit for it, but hubby pointed out to me that we are storing a heavy duty metal desk and credenza in the garage  that I could use.  He's right.  Why buy new furniture when we have perfectly good stuff that's not being used.  Except they are a puke beige color that I don't like. But, that's what spray paint is for, right?

Tomorrow we are going to move the desk, credenza and the small shelving unit I'm using so that I can clean and spray paint them.

Once the paint is dry I can start moving in. I know I am going to love having so much room, but I also know that I'll probably miss sitting next to hubby while working at my drafting table, so I'm going to leave it in his office for working on small projects that don't require a lot of materials, tools or room to complete.

Pics, I know you all want to see pics. Wait no more!

Looking in from the doorway there is a window and a baseboard heater.  I won't freeze during the winter!



Nice bare cinder block wall:



My great grandfather's old trunk, a wild door and a dresser that's already in the room to use for storing tools and supplies:



Outside the studio room, in the garage, is a trail bike hubby is working on.



Our 1950's beer kegger fridge that hasn't been used in a long time. Many years ago, we spent an entire day putting hubby's collection of motorcycle racing stickers on it. Hey, I could start it up and keep snacks/drinks in there!



My reflection:



While cleaning the room, I looked out the window and saw this:



Waiting for it to be ready is going to be hard, but I am going to try to savor the process and not be impatient.  But, it's going to be really, really hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment